By Emily Carney
On May 22, SpaceX’s Dragon capsule became the first commercial space vehicle to be launched and docked with the International Space Station. The footage on NASA TV was gorgeous, epic, and monolitic and reminded me of why spaceflight still remains completely badass and important. The capsule made a successful landing on Friday, May 31.
As everybody who knows me knows, I’m obsessed with spaceflight. So this is what I listened to during the week of SpaceX’s travels in low earth orbit.
1. “Apollo 16 Lunar Rover Ride,” by John Young and Charlie Duke, on the Moon, April 1972
2. “Blue Danube (Excerpt),” Johann Strauss
3. “Future,” Cut Copy
4. “Don’t Bring Me Down,” Electric Light Orchestra
5. “Hold Still,” Jarvis Cocker
6. “Time Stands Still,” Cut Copy
7. “National Anthem,” Lana Del Rey
8. “Midnight City,” M83
Check it out here: http://8tracks.com/emilybot/space-mix